with the Champion
Have more fun in Japan besides strength
Tri-Force Gotanda (TFG) is run by 2010 Tokyo International Brazillian JIUJITSU championship winner TORU NAKAYAMA. We are a very friendly dojo and always welcome new members! We specialize in Jiu-jitsu but also offer classes in Grappling, Judo, Self-Defense, and Fitness. TFG has many classes for beginners and night classes for busy workers (21:30 or later). Rental uniforms (1,000yen) are also available. We are now offering newcomers one free trial session with a free clothing coupon for your next visit. If you want to have fun,
or get stronger or lose weight, Please come join us now!!
HEAD INSTRUCTOR BIOGRAPHY
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Native of Tokyo, Japan. Date of Birth: April 30, 1971. Toru Nakayama is the head representative of Tri-force Gotanda. He has excellent techniques in all the positions, on the feet and on the ground, top and bottom, with Gi or without Gi. He is not only one of the top BJJ competitors but also had competed in professional MMA, Wrestling and Sambo. In 2005, he trained at Alliance which is one of the best academy in the world. In 2007, he won the IBJJF All Japan open championship in the brown belt middle weight and received the black belt from his teacher, Tri-Force Head representative, MITSUYOSHI HAYAKAWA. On top of that, he is personal trainer who has been qualified as NSCA-CSCS and has a lot of knowledge for strength training, weight loss, and injury prevention.
2010 Middle weight Champion of All Japan championship
2011 3rd place in light weight of European open championship
2011 Middle weight Champion of tokyo international open
2011 Absolute weight Champion of tokyo international open
We have several variations in class. Each class have warming up, technique instruction, drill, sparring. Feel free to take a rest during class. Joining late is also allowed.
- JIUJITSU Regular(Gi)
- Advanced technique and movement for the better game,Practice,Q&A,Sparr
Wednesday 11:00-12:00, 18:15-19:15
- JIUJITSU Beginner(Gi)
- Technique Instruction for the game, Practice,Q&A,Sparr
Monday 11:00-12:00, 21:30-22:30
Friday 11:00-12:00, 21:30-22:30
- JIUJITSU for newbee
- Expertise in basic and essential body movement
- Family JIUJITSU(Kids&PupMam)
- Drill for phisical ability development,
Even better parenthood!
- Kids JIUJITSU
- Kids jiu-jitsu class is a class where kids will learn respect for one another, and build a strong body, mind and positive atitude.
- Stand Technique instruction for better game.
We have easy access in Shinagawa area by 3 major trains&subway.
- Closest station
- JR yamanote Line -Gotanda station&Osaki station
Toei Asakusa Line -Gotanda station
Tokyu-Ikegami Line -Gotanda station
View larger map
We have fee variations for your needs.
5,000JPY for Family Member
|8-Days Per Month Member||10,300JPY/month|
|Full time Member||12,300JPY/month|
|Family Class Member||7,700JPY/month|
|Visitor Training||3,000JPY each|
|Rental gi Service||Rental gi is available for 1,000JPY per use, a towel is included.|
|Gi keeping & Cleaning Service||For a monthly fee of 10,000JPY a private space will be reserved for keeping your gi & towel. Gi & towel will be washed and fold after each use.|
Requirements to Join Tri-Force Gotanda
Please bring the following with you when enrolling at Tri-Force Gotanda.
- Completed Application Form. This can be obtained from Tri-Force Gotanda, or downloaded as a PDF file from our homepage.
>>Download Application Form
- Enrollment Fee (Cash only –Currently we are unable to accept credit cards).
- First Month’s Membership Fee
Membership Fees are calculated from the first to the last day of a month. Those people who join after the first of the month will be asked to pay a relative percent of the first month’s fee. For example, someone joining on the 15th would pay 50% of the first month’s fee.
- Picture: ID Photo x 2
Size: 3cm(H) X 2.5cm(W)
- For Japanese Bank Account holders: Banking Details and name-stamp (if required by your bank). Monthly Membership Fees for Tri-Force Gotanda are done through monthly automatic bank transfers from members’ accounts. It usually takes two months from the time of registration for the banking information to be processed, so members are asked to pay for the first two months of membership at Tri-Force Gotanda in cash. From the third month, monthly fees will be withdrawn automatically from their bank accounts.
Sports Injury and Liability Insurance
In order to protect yourself, as well as Tri-Force Gotanda, all members must enroll in a Sports Injury Insurance program. The annual premiums are 1,850 yen, which cover members not only for insurance, but also in the case of accidents leading to death or debilitation. The requirement of Sports Injury Insurance is common practice at most Martial Arts/Mixed Martial Arts gyms in Japan. This is for our safety and yours.